Monday, January 03, 2005

I posted this poem on my blog many mths back. In the wake of the tsanami tragedy, this poem strikes home to me. It is etched in my memory forever. GOD bless.

A Year Ago Today

One yr ago today
Our world was turned upside down
When our oldest daughter had a scan
And a brain tumour was found.

I still remember tht day
As clear as it can be
It felt like the very life
Had been sucked out of me.

And twelve mths on
Somehow we've got through
But I know I cldn't have done it
Lord, without You.

I heard someone say recently
They were in depths of despair
And I wondered for a moment
If they knew You were there?

Pple oftern say to me
How do you cope?
I smile and I say
Tht I never give up hope.

And how is tht you manage
To get through each day?
I find a strength frm within
Wht more can I say?

Is not tht we have a choice
We must make the most of our time
It saddens me tht our daughter is so sick
But I'm eternally grateful she's mine.

Tht doesn't mean tht at times
I don't struggle to go on
But it is because I love my daughter so
Tht I try to remain strong.

If I lose my precious child
And they say tht I will
I know You will tk her home Lord
But I will Love her still.

By: Nanette Pethick 28/07/03
(Melissa passed away on the 7th of August, just after her 8th bday)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home