Friday, January 14, 2005

Finally fallen ill. And I must say, it's abt time!! I know what you're thinking, "Rach has gone nuts, begging to be sick?!" Oh yeah, that's right, I am glad to be sick. Called in sick to work today. OBVIOUSLY someone wasn't happy abt it, but who cares? What matters is I AM HAPPY I DON'T HAVE TO SEE HIS IDIOTIC, EGOTISTIC, CHAUVINISTIC face for a day.

The past few days have been absolutely traumatic for me. I prefer not to go into details at all, for fear I might get so worked up again. Every possible insult was hurled at me, scoldings and file-slamming tossed at me. I am tired, physically, mentally and emotionally. I don't know how I find the strength to make it through each day without collapsing. And it's only through the power of GOD. And I sincerely thank GOD HE has finally decided, its time I fall sick so that I can have a break from work. Hooray. My throat hurts. It's red, sore and ugly. I feel ugly too. I need a makeover, perhaps an extreme one? Nah.... I don't think I wanna scar myself by undergoing surgical knife for beauty purposes.

Oh yes, on the way to the Docs today, I finally withdrew my measly but extremely hard-earned pay for the month of December. It might be awfully little, but I have money to buy Jaks' Christmas present. I feel awful having to owe him for so long, but thank GOD he is so understanding and sweet abt it. I'm also gonna get presents for my Mum and Dad, still cracking my head to think of what to get for them. And I am going Sim Lim with wJ tmr to go look arnd for some computer stuff for myself! How cool is that. Frm next wk onwards, I will tell my Mum to cut my allowance since now I am earning. Feel horrible to think my parents are spending tens of thousands on me just for my degree, which I cld have entirely pursued in Sgp, because I am not that dumb. Prob I wldn't have made it into Law then, but it doesn't matter. I cld have easily done something else and then worked awhile before pursuing it as a post grad. But I didn't. And guilt haunts me every waking moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home