Thursday, May 27, 2004

"I do not fear tomorrow coz I know I'm loved today."

Goin to squeeze some time out before my Math class at 3.45pm. Ya know, these few days, I'm really honoured and fortunate to have a good friend share with me her probs. With all due repsect for her privacy her name and probs will be withheld in this entry.

As I was listenin to her probs, I realize I am absolutely powerless to do anythin to tk away her troubles or ease her sorrows. Definitely do I empathize with her, but all her grievances can be tken away only by God. Often enough, I always tell the pple who come to me lookin for "Aunt Agony" tht as much as I like to listen to them, advise them, it's not within my power to tell them the shld-nots and shld-dos when it comes to matters concernin the heart. Because as a bystander, unlike them, I do not have the emotionals ragin in me tht will conflict my logical functionin of the brain. More often then not, the pple who come to me are odler than me, and I humbly believe tht they have at least a yr's more life experiences than I do, which is why sometimes, I just provide tht listenin ear and nothin more. Although my whole heart extends out to them. Love my friends dearly.

Yes, wht I may say to "console" or advise them sounds logical, but it's somethin tht everyone with common sense can acknowlege too when they are "cool" with happenins arnd them. I'm sayin this because I myself know tht when I am entrapped in all this emotional turmoil, I simply can't think straight too. I'll be the one turnin to others goin "How? Wht shld I do?" When in reality, I know wht I shld be doin, but due to my present emotional stage, I simply can't.

Wht I told my friend was "Pray abt it. Talk to God." It's pretty much as simple as tht. When the goin gets tough, the tough gets goin. But more imptly, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Embrace wht comes to ya as a teachin frm God. Then gradually, ya are moulded into bein a God-like person as ya pull through each trial tht God has set for ya. I know in my previous entries I have never made much effort in bringin in this issue of religion. Yes, it's very personal and I know tht where am I am today, I have God to thank. For the good and bad. Each day in itself is a blessin. More often than none, pple always go "It's been such a crap day... nothin's gone by way..." I'm no exceptional. But we, in our busy ho-hum lives, fail to notice the beauty and blessings of life arnd us. And I think we all need to tk out some time to appreciate the little things tht didn't go wrong in our day rather than focus on the wht-went-wrong in tht particular day.

This is esp for my friend to let her know tht she is in my prayers everyday. Prayin she will have a peace of mind to focus on her priorities and the strength to persevere on each day. May she be a positive livin testimony to all those arnd her. I hope this entry tickles ya thoughts for today in reconsiderin ya position and priorities today.

Hope this wasn't too long an entry. Tryin to be succint as I need to rush off to class. Tk care coz I care guys. Love ya all. Cheers.

"Cast your cares upon Him" Psalm 145:9 (I hope it's correct)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home