Tuesday, May 23, 2006

i was surfing my secondary school friends' friendsters and i saw that one of my SC friends is currently in first year law/commerce at uni of melb. i visited her blog and skimmed through bits about her crapping essays and how she considered giving up.... and then i thought about myself....

i remembered as a freshie, i couldn't handle the changes that came my way and i struggled like mad to keep my head above the water endlessly. many a times, i will call my parents breaking down. i don't want to be a lawyer and definitely, no way, an economist. so what the crap am i doing?? honestly, i have no clue. but i clung on to this course for my dear life. no, i was/am not doing this course for prestige or anything.. and really, if anyone thinks this course is glamorous, please, it is far from it.... i don't know what people are thinking.

3 years down the road, i have mixed feelings about it. as mark puts it "i fear for your life." yes darling.... i fear for my own sanity. i still don't know if i made the right call by hanging on, because whatever it is, it is exhausting. it gets tougher by the year and i don't see it backing down. first year contract law, i thought it was the shiats man. fourth year constitutional law, please just take me and my life.. i refuse to think any further. but what i can say, not that i am all-knowing, is that if anyone considers dropping law, please do it within the first 2 years of the course. don't let it drag. not only do you waste more money and time.... your efforts have been wasted. if you choose to hang on, be prepared, very prepared for the time ahead.

it seems like i have made my choice already. and i guess i have. perhaps i don't see myself coming out a sane person, but for sure..... i have come too far to back down. the workload is shit ass crazy, guidance minimal, amount of readings phenomenal and return of those "investment" negligable (for me anyways). but i have no choice but to hang in there....... i reckon at the end of it all, i will need a long stint at the psychiatric hospital.

and.... i know how you feel about me being here and toughing it out mark. i'm sorry.... i wish i was able to walk away or even better still, you helping me. but that's now how it is right? :( please take good care of yourself in the UK. i am so worried about you. *muacks* wub.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home