Thursday, March 23, 2006

*to all guys out there, you have been warned. the follow post involves girly things like clothes and more clothes!!

today i had my business history presentation on entrepreneurship and management. went to bed at like 4a.m., crawled out at 7. so you can imagine... i was uber grouchy. face was blacker than pot. the weather has taken a dip for a nice chilly temperature, max of 20 today. so obviously at like 7.30 in the morning, i was straining hard to think what to wear for my presentation. i did't want to wear my usual black and white combi - it's so lawyerish, dull and overly formal. but neither did i wanna go in one of my funky skirts and depend on my accessorising to jazz the outfit up. to begin with, i wasn't even in the mood for all that. so i decided on my babyy pinkk trousers, white shirt with faint pink/beige stripes and a black vest. and i totted off to uni in pumps too.

i think i looked sooooooooooooooooooo different from my usual mini skirts, micro shorts and NUM tees. haha. everyone looked quite surprised.

my presentation went worrying-ly horrible. i was stopped twice during my presentation and had negative questions posed at the end of it. firstly, i was stopped for being too fast (oh-o!). then he stopped me and asked me "i don't think you have every done this unit/topic before right?" oh my goodness, i almost ran into the wall and bang my head. at the end of my presentation, he went like "so.... is that your conclusion?" D.I.E. and he said "before i wrap up, i want to ask you a question. you seemed a little confused. what is the difference between risk and uncertainty?"

like ?!?!?!!? i ALMOST burted out "aren't they the same?" haha, thank GOD i held my tongue. honestly i was racking my poor frazzled brains.. so i started talking gibberish about risk and uh-huh! suddenly lightning struck me and so i gave the most intelligent answer of the century (i think!): risk is when you are aware of the possible consequences that lies ahead but you choose to proceed with it and hope for the best. the difference between that and uncertainty is that uncertainty is like one dark tunnel. you cannot even see what is before you and what are the consequences but you choose to venture in the dark. so you don't even know whether the positives outweigh the negatives or vice versa. in risk, you are aware but choose to proceed anyways.

woohoo! i shld be wearing the motar board now! haha. kidding. i think i manage to redeem myself there. my lecturer was like "clever answer indeed." phew! i cld have just done the penguin kicks. like the one augustine does at NUM! hahaha. yeahs. and he wasn't too impressed my conclusion too. boo. then he said to me "i don't think you have done this before right?" i was like "oh man! am i that lousy that it's so obvious?" so i mumbled about how i do law/economics and i don't major in marketing or management so i have never done such a topic/unit and this is my first time and i tried really hard.. and blah blah blah" and he told me he could tell that i knew the theories and principles (coz i read all of them) but i wasn't capable of explaining them (because i didn't study them in detail). but honestly, i told ceddy, i actually read all 21 books/articles relating to this unit in 2,3 days! i hadn't touched one bit of law but all i have been doing is facing these articles and stacks of books relating to this topic.

tired. really tired. so i approached him with caution, asking him when the grades will be posted up. i was thinking since i was the first to go in the round of presentations, he will wait till everyone is done with their before posting the results up. but he told me "i've graded you already. i've given you 80%. it was an extremely credible effort for a difficult and tedious topic, something you've never done before. you tackled the question well even though you didn't know the technical definitions but you displayed understanding of the 2 words through your own command of the language."

woohoo!! i got my first HD for the sem. considering i will be penalised for the constitutional law paper, i'll need all the marks i can get to pull up my overall weight average. aaron's convo tonight. i felt guilty i didn't go for louis' convo the night before. too busy, too stressed. it's a day off for me today!!! tmr the property law assignment will be handed out! arghhhh! for now, i shall bask in my.. er... day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home