Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Life is full of frailties. Pple often tk for granted the pple and things existin on this planet, often reminising with regret when tht something or someone is gone. Often than now, I use to regard life as a sad realm where there is much pain and sufferin. Yet, I fail to count each and every blessin tht brings joy to me. Yes, indeed, the world is unjust and pple suffer at the expense of tht, but simple things like, havin a roof over our heads, tht is somethin we have to be thankful abt and not simply tk it for granted, assuming tht there will be one forever over our heads.

All arnd us, civil strife and uproar of violence, look at the innocent lives lost. I was watchin the news on the TV on the bus on Monday when the video of the Korean hostage pleadin for his life appeared. My heart just broke. Smashed. Must it be tht way? Succumbed to such merciless, indespicable mode of torture? Is his life goin to pay for the price of peace? No. It will not. So wht good will arise frm this? None. Wht can I do? Nothin. But pray. For him, for his family, for the South Korean Government in exercising discretion over this matter (which they haven't) and for the US. To show compassion and true understandin to those who have lost their loved ones in this war against Terror.

(Do I know exactly wht I am talkin abt? No. It's 2.10am. So sorry if it comes out wrong.) Life's full of the unexpected. I know this might sound really stupid but Terry dropped me a bombshell today. He told me me tht if he can't successfully transfer to Murdoch University frm Curtin Uni, he has to go to Kalgoolie for 2yrs to finish the rest of his course (He is currently enrolled in Mining Engineering). Kalgoolie is like an extremely long drive frm Perth. I know ya guys are like goin "Chey!" but this few days have been pretty weird without him already. It's gonna be so tough hey. I can only talk to him on the phone but not see him.

I wanted to yell out "Unfair!" and ram my knuckles into the wall. I've always thought tht unfortunate things happen to me. I told him this "Dammit, I'm gonna get my stupid license, get my stupid car and give the stupid hrs to see you", which I seriously wld. However, as I look at it now, I failed to thank God for the little things, like introducin me to someone as awesome, fun, caring and God-faithful friend like Terry. For providin me someone who makes me laugh, offers me a shoulder to cry on, a ear to listen, great advice and most imptly, friendship. Priceless friendship.

For now, all I can do is pray, give thanks and leave it all up to God. As previously mentioned: Wht we have planned for ourselves might not necessarily be wht God has planned for us. We need to pray tht He will show us the way, not make human judgments as more often than not, these decisions are not the right ones for us.

Seriously shagged hey. Cheers guys.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE ISSUES

2:12 PM  
Blogger princess rach said...

Yes, so I do have issues. Doesn't everyone have their own?

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WELL ARENT YOU HAPPY YOUR COMMENTS BOARD IS BEING USED? YOUR FRIENDS ARENT EVEN GIVING YOU FEEDBACK.

1:07 AM  
Blogger princess rach said...

It's up them to decide whether or not to feedback and the mode of feedback.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home