Wednesday, April 05, 2006

ever since my property law assignment submission, i have been slacking really hard. watching what is on the network.... surfing around the new portal i'd joined *wink* and busy coffee-ing with people. i even went on a shopping trip today at garbo with kiasu to buy my much needed toiletries, presents for people and so on. i know what pple will say... "go on, you deserve a break.. you are working so hard" but honestly, when an exam around the corner which i know nuts about.. plus tuts to be done, plus constitutional assignment? actually constitutional law assignment cldn't have come at a worse timing. it is due when ceddy is here. i don't want to be an even lousier host, considering i don't even drive here which is bad enough. now i got to write a paper when he is here? i wanna finish it before he comes but looking at the readings i have to do before even thinking about writing the paper.... i kinda doubt it. arghhhh.

sometimes i wonder why i am in such a position. you know..... for 2 weeks now, i have had awful pimple outbreaks. my migrains never disappear and my fever is on-off. i have been having sufficient sleep, but at the expense of everything else (forcing myself to get at least 6hrs per night). in addition. i am always grouchie and unsociable.. i don't even know what for now. i miss the old rach. sometimes i am scared i am evolving into kiasu, which is a nightmare. don't get me wrong. i love this girlie of mine.... but everything she utters is about law and work. and as you can see in all my blog entries... i'm frightfully getting to her stage, which is something i never want to be in - to be so caught up in work until you lsoe the distinction between work and social. where do you draw the line??

i remember i was the most horrid law student ever. i was lazy and lazy. you get the idea. in myf irst 2 years of law school, i had never ever ever finish reading a single case. somehow i scraped through, and alot of credit has to go to kiasu for her invaluable help. but no, i am not proud of it. i am actually ashamed. this year, i tried so hard to read... which yes, i did finish reading an entire case for the first time. but it's so hard keeping up coz there's just so much workload. so now, it seems like i am resigned to not reading again. it's just a lose-lose situation for me i guess. sometimes i don't even know what is required of me anymore. i am tired.... so tired.

and i tell you something. i know i am not doing the hardest course out there, but i do NOT appreciate people who are doing single degrees such as commerce or arts (no offence to them) coming up to me telling me "i am so stressed... you don't understand." or even "i understand your stress level" i am not looking down on them, everyone is entitled to their choice of courses. but comparing law and economics to a single degree like commerce is like comparing apples to oranges.

they aren't meant to be compared together. i respect the commerce/arts or whatever course students having their difficulties and all. but my level of difficulty, you won't know because you haven't been there. you complain you got 1 exam each week for 3 weeks. have you thought that law and economics facs always clash and i have 3 exams in one week? you see, why i don't bitch about my course to people like crys who does dentistry?? it's because i know the level of difficulty she faces is even worse than mine. wayy worse. the workload she has is even crazier, shittier or whatever. so to her, looking at me, she thinks i am fortunate than her.

so please be smart who you complain to, especially if you're a friend-hopper. let's quote sam tang "so we move from pon A to pon B, pon B to pon C, pon C to pon D..." [he's honkie with a super cute accent]. if you are reading this and this sounds familiar to you, YES I AM TALKING TO YOU. YOU know who YOU are. [i'm actually referring to only that one single person who gets on my nerves ALL the time]. so please YOU, just shut YOUR gap about how "busy" YOU are. sure i know you are..... but sorry, don't expect any sympathy from me coz you ain't getting any. don't tell me know how i feel or that i don't understand you. how can it be that you understand me yet i don't understand you. when we look at your workload and your timetable and then we look at mine, and it's definitely not you being busier than me.

as if i don't get enough shit from my own course, learn to bitch to the right person. that's all i am saying.

ok... i don't know how my entry evolved into such a post but then again, this has been something i've been dying to get off my chest for goodness-knows-how long. because she has been pissing me off over and over and over and over again and each time she does it, i just bloody ren. but the next time she ever attempts to pull this off on me again.. the "you don't understand how stressed i am" or/and "i understand your busy-ness". sorry man, you're in for shit with me. because there's so much i can tolerate. especially shit from you because it's something you love doing. so if you are reading this, firstly, what the hell are you doing on this blogsite, you shouldn't even be here. next, if you're here, good on you. saves me the breath of saying this to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home