Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Day 1 Shenzhen

We touched down at around 2plus in the afternoon after a minor delay at the Singapore airport side. Raring to go but alittle tired. Spent the remaining day settling in our hotel rooms and walking around the district. My dad blew on an extremely expensive seafood restaurant. I LOVE the soup there! We passed buy the local supermarket, Jia Le Le Gou Wu Guang Chang. My bro bought coke, which was 0.40S$! We bought 2 bottles. My favourite Wang Wang biscuit was 0.55S$. How awesome was that?

Story of the day: Shenzhen pple do not know what is cut chilli. We requested for "cut chilli" during our dinner and they didn't seem to understand it. In the end, in an effort to comply with my mother's persistent request, they gave our strips of finely sliced chilli, soaked in light sauce!

Day 2 Shenzhen

Got up around 9plus in the morning, after an extremely long slumber. My dad decided that we should head to this tourist attraction called "Window of the World", in chinese better known as shi jie zhi chuang. We cabbed there, but it was flooded with people that really put us off, so we headed to the shopping district, Luo Hu to attempt some retail therapy. Disappointing, I must say. Majority of the shops were not open on this Chinese New Year day. Those that were were the ones selling the REAL stuff, like Hugo Boss boutique, Morgan, CK.... however, my bro made a pretty good bargain at the imitation alley and bought 2 LV wallets for 400RMB, which equates to around 80S$.

Boredom flooding us, we decided to look for a health centre. And bingo! We found out. The manja princess here got treated to an invigorating foot massage, a manicure and pedicure (which were all an hr each) for just a mere 24S$! I can hear everyone going "OoOoOoOOooo" at the same time. That's right! My parents each had a longer foot massage and my bro had a full body one. Now, I've pretty blaque fingernails, with toenails to match. I loike!

We left the centre, pampered and thoroughly satisfied. However, I saw 2 really disturbing sights that I cannot shake of, even till now. On 2 separate occasions, I saw this shabby mother with a little kid in her arms rummaging the dustbin, picking whatever leftovers and stuffing it into her mouth. And there my prissy mum refusing to eat all sorts of food coz "she hates it". I felt overwhelming pity I could have burst into tears. I scolded my mother for being so fussy. She tried to justify herself all ways, but seriously, with such a blatant fact facing her, her reasons seemed so crass. I cannot shake off the image in my head.

Story of the day: Conetto in Shenzhen is 0.50S$. When I was happily walking towards my dad when he came out of 7-11, I didn't see the flight of stairs ahead of me as I was in oblivion while eating. I missed the step and the 1st 3 thoughts that ran through my head 1. My pedicure is ruined 2. I'm gonna lose my ice cream and 3. OH-O, Rach is going DOWN. Anyway. With skilful manuvoering, I manage to save my ice cream and landed on the very stair I missed on my BUM with a loud thud. Thank GOD it wasn't anything severe like Rachie rolling down the stairs like sushi. Rach is still in ONE PIECE with her ice cream! ::beams::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home