Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Dear friend.

Funny how time flies, seemingly with just a rapid snap of a camera shutter. It feels almost surreal to me, as if tht moment was encapsuled in time forever. Memories burn fresh, alightin my soul on fire, stingin me with pain and grieve tht never seems to fade away.

I miss your little kisses on myforehead, whenever ya feel like givin me one. I still can feel the faint touch of your lips brushin my forehead, I can still see you pullin away slowly and giving me one of your famous reassurin bear hugs. Oh, those sturdy shoulders, never failingly and valiantly offered to me whenever I needed the shoulder to cry on.

You kilo-watt smile. Lights up the room wherever ya go to, commands your presence which has not once failed to light up my spirits and day. Whenever I did a naughty deed, you will waggle your finger at me and say.. "I'm such a nag, but you....." and then end with, "but I still love you," flashin me your faultless smile before pullin me into tight embrace, oblivious to the tears runnin down my cheeks which are burnin with shame.

You never once harboured ill feelings towards me, never once lost your temper at me, nor played me out in any manner, though I have left ya down countless times, threw my prissy temper at you and backstabbed you durin those adolescent years. With a heart full of forgiveness, you bore no grudge and still loved me with all your heart. The little kid sister, the most fortunate in this world, you chose and loved.

Everythin of you is etched in my memory, my heart, my soul and spirit. My heart skips a beat every time the vivid memory of you appears in front of me. My heart squeezes ever so painfully, sometimes leadin me to conclude tht it is a matter of time, I will die of a heart attack. And finally, we will be able to come face to face for me to see your beautiful face and hang on to you so that we will never part. Ever again.

I can go on forever abt you. However, you understand I have work committments tht I need to get to. Till the day we meet again, I can only reliquish in those sweet memories.

"I put my heart on the side for a while, knowing you're not thereI tried to carry on to face the fact you're gone but I need you. So I close my eyes. Close my eyes and I dream about you. I close my eyes and I can almost feel you in my arms again." -Close My Eyes by Jordan Knight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home