Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Just ATTEMPTED my Math mini exam. *groans* I prefer not to discuss it. *pulls a dirty face* I just realise [maybe not JUST] that there are some friends who like treating their friends like spare tyres, me being the unfortunate latter. This girl whom I am really buddy with, shall not disclose her name out of respect, she calls and msg-es me really often, as though mobile usage is free, confiding in me abt her private life when she is home alone. However, when she is in sch and with her other good friend, with me standing right beside her, she pretends I am not even there at all. Look, I give it my all in every friendship that means to me, that even means overlooking the little nitty and gritty. However, to be brushed aside as if my existence is questioned is just plain annoying and there's so much tolerance I can stretch to accommodate what sort of attitude.

I don't expect her to stop ALL other conversations just to pay attention to me. A merely "Hey, how's it goin?" to acknoweldge my presence is sufficient. Is that unreasonable? I doubt it. If you consider a friend a "good friend" as she claims to consider me, regardless of how distracted you are, you will definitely be able to muster at the very least a "Hey" when you see them. What I get annoyed about is that, when she has her other friends, she doesn't care 2 hoots about you, but the moment she is alone, she rings me like nobody's business and thinks I have all the time in the world to listen abt her woes and private life. Personally, I wouldn't mind being her listening ear at all if she doesn't give me that kind of attitude when she is in sch with her friend(s).

In my humble opinion, how you treat friends is really impt. That is a basic social, relational intelligence. Casting a friend aside when you are with your other friends is just plain insensitive and ignorant. There is no other excuse to justify it. I am a firm believer that regardless of how preoccupied you are, you are always able to muster up a "Hey!" if you see a friend who matters to you enough. [*This does nto apply to aquaintances or mere "hi-bye" friends.] I definitely wldn't snarl at her when I see her later at the 11am lecture, but I doubt I will be the usual self I am. Why be when she doesn't reciprocate that friendliness??

Sometimes, I find it challenging to accommodate my different grps of friends when they come face to face with each other. How do you divide yourself into 2 to entertain 2 friends who don't mix? Up to now, I am still tryin to figure out, so anyone with helpful suggestions can -tagg'. Cheers. However, one thing I know is that I try to my best ability not to neglect either party. I think social issues pertaining to friends are very tricky. I would use the analogy of a puppeteer tryin to control 2 puppets on either hand. He cannot neglect one at anytime or his little performance wouldn't succeed. He always has to be mindful of the other when he pays more attention to one. [I am not talking abt the manipulation of the puppet. That does NOT apply in this analogy]We have to be constantly mindful of the feelings of our friends and treat them like how we want them to treat us.

Pls -tagg' your thoughts/opinions/feedback. Thanks! Ned to hit the books now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home