Monday, October 11, 2004

Attended a different church with my housemate Crys yesterday. It's called Riverview Church, a charismatic church. Honestly, I felt a tad uncomfortable during the Worship service. The band was loud and the open arm worship, it reminded me of the days back in St John St Margerets where youth service wkly was jammin. However, the message spoken was very aw-inspiring. The theme was on Buildin Relational Intelligence. What I liked about the speaker was that as much as the message was delivered in a Biblical context, he related all this main points [i.e. "bricks of his message"] to everyday occurances in everyone's lives and cracked alot of jokes, that were really funny. Indeed, it was a stark contrast to my time in Church in BPCWA, where services are solemn. I'm not critisizing either because I did and do ejoy worshipping and serving the Lord at BPCWA but due to circumstances have to look into other avenues of Church on a temporary basis.

One thing that I drew out of the message yesterday walked really close with my heart. Be forgiving. That was the final brick in the buildin blocks of relational intelligence. I am goin to try to pen my 2 cents worth here so forgive me if I might seem irrational or crass. Everyone at one point or another in their lives have been hurt. It could be by a partner, friend or family member. Recently, I have been burnt real bad by some accusations that undermine all my values as a girl, human and Christian. Forgiveness doesn't come easy does it? I don't bear a grudge on those pple, didn't and never will. But the damage has been done, it is irreversible. However, if we do not forgive the pple in our lives tht hurt us, we can never progress on in life. Why do we have to judge them for their sin, when God is the One that will ultimately judge them on Jugdement day? In addition, when we accepted Christ into our lives, He forgave us for ALL the sins we had committed in our lifetimes, which isn't few at all. Till now, every day, we sin and as we repent, He forgives us. If we are striving to be more "Christ-like", can we not forgive Man's one sin?

I know I have alot more to say, due to time constraint, I shan't rant on. I know it is very important to do as you preach [I really felt I was preaching there] but to forgive isn't easy at all. I need to find that open heart to be loving enough to be able to bring myself to say "Let's forget it happen." Truth is, right now, I can't forsee the day that I will say that, but nonetheless, God's grace is amazing and He may be able to bless me with that open heart.

I wanted to trim my hair today but weather isn't permitting me to leave the house. Frankly, I haven't made up my mind whether I shld, because Grace mucked up my mum's hair last semester that left my mum devastated and greatly depressed. I kinda not want that to happen to me..... Hmmm.

Oh second thoughts, I just might not.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home