Sunday, February 12, 2006

yesterday was probably the longest day i'd had in a long time, but nevertheless, it was an excellent wrap to the holidays. for someone who utterly detest crowds, i think i handled it well yesterday.

my bestie, G, joined singapore idol. he's such a talented singer, we just had to force him to. since i'll be going back soon, i felt the very least i cld do was to show him physical and moral support when i can. so i gave it my all. from waking up at 3am to join the massive snake-like queue with him, waiting jittery by the sidewalks, going in and out cine to find drinks, sweets and whatevernots for him to jumping up and down in celebratory fashion when he did get in. YES! HE GOT IN!! i'm like so awfully proud of him. queenin, what can i say about her? she's awesome - another brick in G's life. both of us kept each other company throughout it all, waiting at rocky's towards the end of the long and tiring day... i respect her for the life lessons she has imparted to me. she has a much tougher life than mine but yet she's reacts to it positively and with so much poise, it puts me utterly to shame. anyways, we celebrated G's entry to SI @NYDC - which was such a fantastic dinner. met up with markie bro and his didi, anthony.

i promised markie bro and jeff the week before i was going to go with them to Happy so despite my extreme fatigue, i had to go. and finally, i had the privilege of meeting of meeting the much-talked about marcus. i seriously think he's such a sweetheart. soooooooooooooooo fond of him. which can be sort of seen as an unfortunately thing, i'm not sure. met many new people as usual - jasmine, karen, sharon, cass and wayne (and probably some others i can't remember). the music is, as expected, not my usual flava and i find myself dancing-impaired when it comes to this genre. i prefer my poles and hiphop/R&B. drank abit too much for my liking. though some pple think it's irrelevant, i have a thing about counting my drinks. so i can keep tabs on when i'll be knocked off, or lose my sense of awareness of control. the tally for last night over a period of 2 plus hrs was pretty damaging but definitely not the worse. i have seen more unglam days. 1 midori illusion (the most potent shiat i've ever tried), 1 vodka redbull, 1 vodka orange, 1 happy sexual, 2 shots of tequila + many sips of graveyard, mark's beers and s38. graveyard @ happy is served as a delux cocktail as oppose to the usual shooter. and something interesting i've learnt from the bartender @ happy was that the mixer used for the graveyard cocktail was beer! and there i was thinking it was tonic water...

at 2.10am, i called it quits. my legs were aching from hours of standing in the hot sun, supporting gerald. as it is, i wldn't have gone happy if it wasn't for the promise i intended to keep. i didn't think my legs cld handle anymore dancing and standing. so i kissed mark and jeff goodbye, waved to the rest and cleared the area. jeff was so sweet to come out and hail a cab down for me. i had a wee bit too much to drink but at least i cld direct the cabbie home who didn't know how to get to my place. and i have to make special mentions to this cabbie - he was so sweet. the cab fare came up to $11.65 but because i had problem counting the coins, he told me the initial $10.50 i passed him was sufficient. he's soooooo nice. i was telling queenie earlier in the day, hao-xin hui you hao bao. i gave the tissue-selling lady $2 earlier when i cld have bought myself a frappe instead of just tea - but she needed the $2 more than me. now the cabbie was returning the favour. awwwww.

came home, showered and headed to bed. don't ask me how i manage to shower. i cldn't even stand properly (it always take the alcohol quite a while to tk effect on me so the full blast of the effects hit me when i got home and in the shower) i tried to balance/lean against the wall to shower. in the end, i resorted to sitting down. i refuse to go to bed smelling of pespiration and smoke. hell no.... when i hit the bed, it didn't take me more than 5 mins to completely knock off. i was drained and drunk. i realise something about myself. i can be drunk but yet function relatively normally, so long as i don't drink till i end up unconscious. i can think, speak, process things around me and get around without support but just in a hazy fashion.

now i'm up with a hangover. had my lunch but my stomach doesn't seem to be agreeing with the food so i'm not feeling too great right now. nevertheless, i'm holding my food in. also currently nursing a sore throat AND headache. however, i have to get ready soon to meet darling G for dinner and our concert tonight. yes, we're going to watch corrinne may perform at the NUS arts centre today with a 6-string ensemble. how f.awesome is that?? so exciting - though the price of the tickets are abit steep. but she's worth it.

pictures taken yesterday will be posted up soon enough. hang in there and wait!! they are worth the wait. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home