Monday, February 13, 2006

yesterday i attended corrinne may's concert at the NUS cultural centre with G and friends. though we purchased the most expensive seats in the house (the centre stall seats), it was well and truly worth it. the ambience was truly seductive with the soft shades of light illuminating the stage and cosy velvet curtains. the 8 piece string ensemble was already seated patiently when we entered the concert hall, all smartly dressed in black. they were accompanying corrinne may's band that night. =)

she came unto the stage, looking absolutely stunning in a maroon strapless gown. corrinne may is even prettier in real life than she is in photographs. she exludes confidence and grace. the moment she started playing the piano and singing, i lost it. truly and completely. and i know it was the same with gerald. we were in awe of such a talented singer/songwriter. and more importantly for me, she put me to shame as a christian. her faith is unwavering and is clearly shown throughout the whole concert through the lyrics she penned and sang from her heart. touched me in a place i never thought existed. the moment she sang fly away, i lost it. tears came pouring down my cheeks. to make matters worst, she sang journey after fly away. my two personal favourites from her.... the very 2 songs that are so close to my heart which speaks volumes about my life. gerald wasn't spared from the emotions raging through the concert hall. he was sobbing like a baby too. i wonder what his friends thought of us, the 2 people sitting in the middle sobbing away....... we left inspired. as if we were touched by an angel. i love gerald. i do. =) and i'll support him in anything and everything he does, especially the forthcoming singapore idol. i refuse to let the distance affect me.

today i was in for some haggling with qantas over some silly issue of my flight ticket, details which i won't go into now because i have successfully resolved it already. caused my parents and i considerable upset. right now, i'm just no longer gonna think about it. huimin texted me at noon telling me she wanted to discuss our next semester's timetable with me today because she will be returning back to perth tmr. she's going back early because she has to set up her new place - she has moved out of her hostel and rented a 2 bedroom townhouse with her hostel friend val. so i quickly jotted down the days and timings, shuffled them around and left. to our astonishment when we met for tea, for once, we didn't have TOO much a trouble organising our timetables, as oppose to other semesters. probably due to the fact she's only doing a single arts unit and is therefore more flexible to my "whims and fancies". no lah, its just coz i'm overloading and she isn't. but even then. we didn't experience much problems with our timetables for once. i can't believe i have school on friday!! just one hour of school on friday! *rach whines!* nooooooooooooo. i need my off-day!

anyways. after tea with huimin, i went to meet G at novena. i was going to buy him dinner before his vocal classes. we hopped on a train, planning to stop at outram. however, greediness got to the better of us and we decided on maxwell food centre. for $13.50, we had century egg porridge, satay beehoon, cuttlefish kangkong, popiah and sugar cane juice! it was truly a satisfying meal for us. great food, great price, great company. i would like to think both of us really treasured and enjoyed the time spent today. we then previewed some songs on my lappie which i wanted to highlight to him because i believe that it suits his vocal range and voice. don't know if he agrees with me but he has appointed me as his music manager. =) i then walked him to ocean butterflies before heading back...

now it's to completing my valentine day presents and burning backups on my computer!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home